Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Perfect Night

Here are some pictures that we took on Thursday night. Mark and I went out to dinner for our first date since Will and Erin were born.  After dinner we  headed to the hospital for the 8:00/9:00 Care Times. The Care Times are the time of the day that we can change the babies diapers, wipe their eyes, and take their temperature.  The nurses draw blood and do their things during this time too.  There are Care Times every 6 hours. I wanted us to be at the evening Care Time because this is the time that we can pick up the babies while they are weighed inside of their isolet.  Their bed has a scale in it.  To get Will and Erin's weight, they are picked up, the bed is weighed, they are placed on the bed and another weight is taken.  The difference is their weight. This all happens with the tops on their beds. We have not had a chance to be there while the top is off of their beds.  I happened to be there the night before to discover that we can hold the babies.  Mark hadn't picked up Will or Erin yet, so I really wanted him to have the experience.

When we arrived at the hospital, we were pleasantly surprised to find out that they would be getting their PICC Lines. These are very tiny IV lines that are put in their arms. They have PICC lines because their belly lines were getting to old and had to be taken out (the belly lines are only good for 7-10 days from birth). For the PICC Lines to be put in, a special doctor comes in to do it. Before she put in the lines, we were able to pick up each baby and take our first family pictures.  Mark and I were so thankful that we happened to be at the hospital while they were doing this procedure.  The lines went in fine and we got to 'hold' our babies with the tops off of their beds.  It was a perfect night that we will never forget.






5 comments:

  1. How precious these pictures are! They bring tears to my eyes. The joy in your and Mark's eyes is beautiful. What a wonderful moment of bonding. How good our God is that He allowed all of this to be happening "just when you showed up"! Many hugs to all of you, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of us and sharing your love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling for you and the joy of holding your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are wall photos Mark! In the kids bedroom :) you two are doing an amazing job as parents! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely wonderful that God gave you this moment (and thank God for wonderful nurses and their ever-ready cameras- or yours)!! I am so happy that they are doing well and I want you to know that you all remain in my prayers as I am sure you are anxious to get those babes home and that this time must be tough. I am so thrilled with how well they are doing! You two make not only beautiful babes- but tough ones too! WHOOO HOOOO!
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete