It looks like I have made the jump into the world of blogging. I made this decision now that I have been put on restricted activity/bed rest/house arrest and seem to have hours of extra time on my hands. I've been thinking about keeping a blog as a way to stay connected with all of our family and friends that are out-of-town. I enjoy reading the blogs of my friends and keeping up to date on their lives.
So here's my first post.
I was put on restricted activity last Tuesday afternoon, after our routine ultrasound reviled that my cervix was short. (I know, more information than you need to know. But, that's the truth.) I wasn't allowed to work Wednesday-Friday. After a mad dash to school to prepare three days of sub plans, I settled in at home and began what I thought would be a three day rest. On Thursday morning I woke up and with spotting and contractions. After going to the doctors and being checked everything seemed okay. I went home and started timing my contractions and they were 8 minutes apart. Another phone call to the doctor and this time they sent me to the hospital. By the time we got there the contractions were 5 minutes apart. Needless to say, Mark and I were a bit scared. The ultrasound tech checked the babies and they were/are fine. My cervix was measuring a normal length and wasn't a concern anymore. However, the contractions were 2-3 minutes a part and that we concerning. The doctor decided to admit me and start a Magnesium drip to stop the contractions. The drip worked and the side effects weren't too bad, except for the part that my gross motor skills were lacking. I never thought I would be able to walk normal again. After close monitoring (blood draws every 3 hours), fetal monitors, and contraction sensors the doctors took me off of the Mag drip 24 hours later. They started me on a medication called Procardia which I take every 5 hours. It has helped with stopping the contractions. I was kept in the hospital until Sunday for some more monitoring.
My mom came on Monday to help out and to further enable me to be able to do nothing. I am set up on the couch and Clark is happy to keep me company. The babies are doing fine, I am adjusting to my new lifestyle, and Mark is doing a great job of anticipating my every need/move. I am blessed that everything is okay and that I have a strong support system.
*I will add a few pictures once I figure it out. :-)

It has been scary but I am glad I am "free" to come and stay as long as needed! Thank God, all is good now!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blog land - so excited that you decided to blog. So thankful everything is okay with you and the babies. Hang in there with the bed rest! Glad you have so much support.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you are keeping a blog about your adventures into parenthood! I saw your fb message in my email and had to check before I left work! If you need any help/advice with blogging (since I keep three), parenting (since I have a bazillion kids)or whatever you know how to contact me. So my first advice to you is to REST UP! Keep those feet up and do nothing but 'create life'. :-)
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing pictures and getting more updates. How many weeks are you now? (Sheesh, I need to get on FB more!)
BTW- if you want you can link your blog to fb so it will go there even if you don't! :-)
Hugs friend!
L
I am so glad that Melaine is there to help you do nothing. If you need a change in pace(face) I will gladly come and help you do nothing too!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxxo
Julie and Mark, we're definitely thinking of you four! Love you guys! Maybe it's time to watch some TV series you've never seen from start to finish! That will take some serious time. When I was really sick for a couple of weeks I still only made it through the first 4 seasons of one show I'll share with you but not on the blog, ha ha.
ReplyDeleteBTW You should feel extra proud as your first blog is the first blog I've ever read. One of these days I am actually going to get on face book.
Love,
Julie & Eric
Laura said she was "glad that you are keeping a blog about your adventures into parenthood."
ReplyDeleteME ALSO - The vicarious reminder will be great for me now and for your family later. For me the years passed quickly and details were masked by college, first job, and generally getting started with life. I have the belief that you will have a wonderful experience to share.
Love/ Uncle Jon