Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good Bye

I am waiting for the doctor to come and discharge me. :-(  I am sad (and a bit weepy) at the idea of leaving my babies at the hospital. They are supposed to be coming home with us  healthy, big, and strong, on a nice warm spring day and not staying behind while we leave on this cloudy, cold and dreary day.  I know that they are in good hands and do not worry about their care here. The nursing (and doctor) staff have been AWESOME! We are so lucky to have the babies at the brand new DeVos Children's Hospital.  When I was watching the grand opening coverage for the hospital, only 10 short days ago, I NEVER imagined that I would be leaving my babies there a few days later.

4 comments:

  1. Julie-
    I am thinking of you and praying for you all right now! Please know that your babies are in good hands but it is ok to cry because this certainly wasn't what you had imagined it would be. Hang in there friend! Will you be pumping for them? If so let me know I can give you some of my 'pumping' tips. Love you and wishing you well- sorry for my last comment and this one being signed in as Mrs. D... I am at work but something told me to check in on you and see how you were doing. I am going to put you all on the prayer chain at my church and that William and Erin would be able to come home soon.
    Hugs-
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- and Mark thinking of you too- even though we've never met... I didn't mean to leave you out. I imagine this is tough for you as well. Still they are beautiful!
    Congrats mom and dad!
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    It really won't be long until you and Mark bring the twins home. - and just believe that day will be the warm and sunny day that you vision.
    Love, Uncle Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jules, My heart breaks with you at the thought of leaving your precious little ones at the hospital while you go home. BUT what a comfort to know that they are in such good hands. I'm praying that our Father God will hold them gently in His loving hands and will help them to grow good and strong and healthy so that they can soon come home too! Hugs and prayers to you, Kris

    ReplyDelete