Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Address

Today has been quiet a day. I went in this morning to have the length of my cervix checked again and it had gone from 3.4 mm last Thursday to 1.4 mm today.  This is not good. The doctors were/are concerned and sent us to the hospital (by way of stopping at home for me to pack up some clothes). I have checked in and will be here for the long haul.  I was checked out by many doctors and Interns today and the babies are doing fine (I've heard their heartbeats three different times today). The doctors are not sure what caused the change, but I am on hospital bed rest with bathroom privileges. That's what it says on the board in my room for my 'activity.'  The doctor ended up starting me on another Magnesium drip this afternoon because I was having contractions about every 5 minutes. I wasn't always feeling these and didn't realize they were so close together. The drip worked well and I am already off of it. They have me taking to Procardia every 4 hours vs. the 6 hours that I was taking it earlier in the week.
It totally stinks being away from home and on hospital bed rest, however it does give me/us a peace of mind knowing that the babies and I will be monitored very close. We will see the doctors every day and if anything were to happen we are right here. I am not at home wondering if what I am feeling is normal or worthy of a phone call to the doctors office. 
Thank you for all of your kind words, phone calls, emails, and prayers. We really appreciate you!! I will update more tomorrow. Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for those babes! I am happy that you're in the hospital and if you aren't there for the long haul remember if you feel like ever something is amis you should just go on in and get checked out. Your body is doing a ton of work caring those two precious lives.
    Seeing you have some time- I am so glad you started a blog- have you ever done jiggidy? (I think that is how it is spelled) It's a computer puzzle game...
    Anyway- hang in there mama! Loads of prayers that your time in the hospital doesn't drive you stir crazy- you're in the best place!
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us updated. Praying for you and those babies - wish I lived closer so I could come hang out and visit.

    ReplyDelete