December. At that time, the doctor checked them out and said that their colds were just viral. Today, Mark and my mom took the kids back to the doctor because Will has developed a bad cough. I was up with him for two hours last night while he coughed and I suctioned his nose. We were both miserable. I considered taking him to the ER, but decided against the idea when he finally fell back to sleep at 3:15 am. The doctor was able to see them first thing in the morning. Will is on a liquid steroid to help his lung sacks. He is also getting breathing treatments 3-4 times per day. Both babies had a mild ear infection too so they are getting an antibiotic. Dr. App did say that for 'normal' babies he wouldn't this aggressive with medication, but he didn't want to take any chances with Will and Erin. We have gone through boxes of Kleenex wiping their snotty noses. And through it all, they have both remained happy and playful.
Erin didn't sleep well during Christmas break. She had a stuff nose and would wake herself up because she was so congested. We had a humidifier going in their room, used chest rub, elevated the head of her bed and gave warm baths and still nothing worked. We had some pretty exhausting nights while we were gone visiting our families for the holidays. Thankfully, they would help out with the babies and give us a little break.
Will continues to be a VERY happy baby. Despite being sick and not sleeping much, he is happy and hardly cries. I am such a lucky mama! He coos and makes all of these really cute noises. Right now I can hear him in bed, cooing and 'talking' to the tigers on his mobile.
He still loves to eat baby food and is getting much better about eating different textures. He sucks his thumb and sleeps on his tummy.
He had 6 TEETH in his cute little mouth. Just before Christmas we noticed that he had 4 TEETH coming in on the top. All at the same time too! He hardly fussed, cried or even let us know that they were there. I was giving him his Previcid one morning and noticed the teeth.
Will still gets 4 bottles of 200 ml of formula/breast milk. I am still pumping and produce enough for each baby to have 2 of their 4 bottles of milk. There has been a decline in the milk, but that is to be expected because I am not able to pump as often (5 times per day). I have decided that I've been able to be so successful with pumping because I've rented a hospital grade pump. For a mear $60 per month, I'm able to keep supplying my kids with milk. I do have a great Medela pump, but it just wasn't working as well for me so I rented this pump last February. I don't even like to think about how much I've spent on pump rental. When I do 'go there' I remind myself that it is cheaper than formula.
Hopefully, she will fall back to sleep. She used to suck her finger and fall asleep. Now she doesn't know what to do.
Erin has three bottom teeth. She loves to put anything in her mouth. I wouldn't say that she has any favorite toys like Will. She isn't a fan of the exersaucer because she doesn't like to be 'trapped.' Even though we need her to be 'trapped' so we can get a few things done without her 'help.' ;-)
She has gotten more vocal saying (what sounds to me) 'mama' and lots of other vowel sounds.
Her feeding therapy is going well. She continues to eat baby food and we practice spoon feeding her formula to her so that she can practice swallowing liquids. She gets 4 bottles a day of formula/breast milk.
In the bathtub, Erin crawls all over the place. I don't need the laundry baskets anymore because she would just try to stand up in it! :-)
This is the longest update EVER! I guess that I have a lot to say! I promise that I will get Christmas and New Years pictures posted soon. It's 9:40 and I still need to pump and make bottles. But, I am glad to FINALLY have this blog done!!
On a side note, it was 40' and sunny today so we went for a walk! The kids look so cute in their snowsuits and riding in the stroller without their car seats, just like big kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment