Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas at Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ron's House

For as long as I can remember, we've spent Christmas afternoon at my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ron's house. I have memories of playing with my brand new yellow, remote (with the wire between the controller and car) Barbie car. I remember their old dog named Fluffy. I am so glad that Will and Erin can be a part of this family tradition. We only see my this side of the family maybe twice a year. Definitely on Christmas and maybe once in the summer or at a wedding. I always enjoy spending time

Aunt Kathy, sleepy boy, Sleeping Beauty and Aunt Diane
with everyone and seeing how much all of the kids have grown.  Aunt Kathy slaves away for days cleaning her house, preparing an awesome dinner of prime rib, turkey, all of the sides, homemade spiced peaches and an assortment of homemade pies.  I know that she has Uncle Ron running around town (and probably the house too) getting things ready. I can't even begin to imagine how exhausted they must be on Dec. 26. But, I know that they wouldn't have it any other way.  Christmas Day is spent at their house and I am grateful for that!
Erin and Will still weren't feeling well. They weren't sleeping well at night and had stuffy noses. Erin (and Mark) took a nearly 3 hour nap when we got to Aunt Kathy's house.  I went to check on them during dinner and stayed with Erin so Mark could go and enjoy some of the fantastic food! Sleepy Beauty woke up soon after and joined the party.  Her brother only slept for 2 hours the whole day. In some of the pictures you can see that he is just exhausted, but was too excited to give in to sleep.  When we left, I think he was a sleep before we backed out of the driveway. 






This mistletoe has been hanging in the doorway at every Christmas. We have a variety of pictures underneath it. Will LOVED the sound of the bell and didn't even know when his daddy snuck in to give me a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment