Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Great Pumpkin

We were having a lazy Saturday. I left the house to go and run an errand and realized that it was a BEAUTIFUL fall day outside!  When I got home, we packed up the kids and headed to the pumpkin patch.  We went to a patch near our house that I've driven by for the past 8 years. I have always wanted to stop and pick pumpkins, but it just wouldn't be as much fun by myself (or with just Mark and me).  But now that we have kids, I couldn't wait to go and hunt for the perfect pumpkins!  The pumpkins were reasonably priced because there wasn't anything else for sale. Just a field of pumpkins waiting to be picked!  Will and Erin had fun helping us find the perfect pumpkins to put them in. I am so glad that we turned our lazy Saturday into a fun day full of memories.  

We found a pumpkin for Will!

Our attempt at a family picture.

Look! The pumpkin is the same size at Will and Erin's heads!


Erin won't fit in this pumpkin. We'll have to keep looking. (Don't worry, Will didn't fall out of the backpack, even though it looks like he was going to.)

Daddy and his babies

We found a nice family who took a few pictures of us.  It was so sunny out there (hence the squinting eyes).


The finished products! Daddy did a good job of carving the pumpkins for us. There's a daddy, mommy and two baby pumpkins. One baby pumpkin even has a bow on her stem (that was Mark's idea!).
Thanks to our favorite neighbor, Gloria, for climbing our driveway to take our picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment