
Will and Erin were still in the hospital, but we still wanted to participate in the March of Dimes March for Babies. It was a cool, breezy and sunny
morning. Mark made shirts for us to wear with the babies faces on them. I wore Erin and he wore Will.
While were at the walk we saw one of my teacher friends and her family. Her oldest son was a 27 weeker and they walk every year. When I saw her I just couldn't stop crying because she knew exactly what I was going through. I didn't have to say a word. It was so comforting to know that she was there for me.
Two of our primary nurses, Dea and Vicki, had the day off so they were able to attend the walk. It was fun to see them without their scrubs on. We had a great morning and can't wait until next year when Will and Erin can walk with us.
The Children's Hospital always has a booth at the walk. It's a great way for the NICU staff to see some NICU graduates. They had a transport isolette there too. I had to take a picture because both babies (mostly Will) took many rides in one of these beds. They were transported from their room to the operating room.
After the walk, we went to the hospital to see the babies. They were sound asleep and didn't even know we were gone. Of course, we had to wake them up for a little play time.
No comments:
Post a Comment