Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Daddy's Turn!

Can I say "ditto" to all the feelings of Julie's posts?

OK, probably not, but my take is very similar, just a dad's view.  Since Julie has already pulled all the cry strings I won't dwell on that,  I am going to talk about the fun things, or what keeps me going!

What has been fun is seeing the reaction of our kids to my voice.  Everyone knows how much I like to talk, well the kids love to listen!  As sick as Will is, when he hears my voice you can actually see his heart beat and breath quicken on the monitor and within a minute or so his eyes will start to peek out!  "Hi buddy!" and the hands come up to meet you.  (hopefully not to his tube). 

I try to do normal dad things like listening to NASCAR or the Tigers on the radio with the kids. I'll grab the kids and sit down with my iPhone radio and listen to the game. While Will was recovering from surgery I sat at his bedside and listened to the whole game holding his hand and playing with the hair on his head.  It made a tough day better.


OK, now Erin...  I have become afraid of Erin! When she had breathing assistance it was easy for me to hold her! Now, she breathes on her own and her head moves!  What the heck am I doing with her!!! She's bigger, but still so tiny!  I can change diapers and clothes, but picking her up freaks me out!  But, she is a cute little princess and I love kissing her fingers when she reaches up for me!!

Oh, and by the way I got a new job in Grand Rapids so that I can spend more time with my family!!!  Saving 1.5 hours and 70 miles of driving a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment