I say it every year, but how is it possible that another year has gone by. Will and Erin turned 4 yesterday. I went back and reread their updates from the past three years and so many of the things I said then are still true now. So here it goes.
Will
He LOVES Matchbox cars, trucks, cars, motorcycles, trains and anything with wheels. I think he has over 100 Matchbox cars that he plays with all of the time.
Will is still a very sweet boy. He is loving towards everyone. He gives lots of hugs and kisses. He will kiss our noses, cheeks, forehead and then do it all over again. And Will gives the best hugs.
He likes to read the numbers on the face clock on our wall.
While cuddling in bed the other night I asked him what he was thinking about and he replied 'loving you mama.' Tonight, he had to give me a big kiss, hug and tell me 'I love you mama.' Whenever we leave he wants to run to the door and watch us drive away. This is after he's given us a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and lips.
I was getting ready to go running and Will asked me if I was going running. I told him 'yes.' He said, 'it's fun when your friends go running with you.' I love that he sees me running and that it's something I do with my friends (not as often as I used to, darn cold weather and lack of sunshine!) He loves to exercise with me. Will likes to walk on the treadmill and do T25 (workout DVD's).
When Will grows up he wants to be Spiderman.
He LOVES to dance, have dance parties, show off his 'robot moves' and listen to music. Will likes to 'do the butt cheek' where he dances naked and grabs his butt cheeks (yes, too much information, I know). Will's favorite songs are: Uptown Funk You Up, Peacock by Katy Perry and Happy from the minions. He has a really good ear for music and is often asking us to 'turn it up.'
Will loves to pack his Spiderman suitcase and other bags full of stuff. He and Erin go on airplane trips (their beds are the planes) to "New Nork" (to visit Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin), to Chicago to visit Aunt Krysten and to Crystal Mountain. I think that right now there are 4 bags of stuff in Will's room he has packed. Lately, he's been into doing triathalons. Will packs up another bag with a swimming outfit, his Freewheeler Bike Shop shirt and hat, and then his running clothes. He will pack a flag too for us to wave when he runs by. The other day he handed Erin her camera and asker he to take pictures of him as he ran by. And he always reminds us that we have to cheer for him.
Food- He likes hot dogs (with ketchup and mustard to dip them in) and will ask for a bun, but he rarely eats it. He'll eat grilled cheese, pepperroni pizza, spaghetti, salami/crackers/cheese, strawberries, grapes, berries, and avacados. He loves smoothies too. For breakfast, he'll eat cinnamin sugar toast, waffle (with butter) or pancakes. We try hard to make them different food than we are having at dinner. But, that can be tricky with Will. He can be a bit picky at times.
Will has really gotten good at writing his letters and numbers. Yesterday, we were working on writing the number 6. He came write Will, William, Paul, Erin, mom and dad. He tries really hard to write other words that we spell for him. His people are becoming more detailed too. He loves to play 'mailman' where they write 'letters' for people, put them in envelopes and 'mail' them.
Erin
She still puts her arm up to her mouth and suckles her lips (they never touch her arm) when she is tired. We were in a parking lot about a month ago and I asked her to do something and she said, 'no mama, I'm 'arming.' I looked at her and sure enough she had her arm up to her mouth. I was glad we finally had a name for the action she's been doing since she was one. (She used to suck her pinkie finger until she got her first cold at one year old. Then she switched her 'arming.') We don't know how or why 'arming' has stuck around for three years, but it's her thing and it makes her feel better.
Erin has imaginary friends names Mema, Keeka (we hear about her a lot), Tula, Tila and other names that end with the 'a' sound. She mentions them often and sometimes calls them her sisters. I have no idea where these names came from, but they've been around since last summer.
Will
He LOVES Matchbox cars, trucks, cars, motorcycles, trains and anything with wheels. I think he has over 100 Matchbox cars that he plays with all of the time.
Will is still a very sweet boy. He is loving towards everyone. He gives lots of hugs and kisses. He will kiss our noses, cheeks, forehead and then do it all over again. And Will gives the best hugs.
He likes to read the numbers on the face clock on our wall.
While cuddling in bed the other night I asked him what he was thinking about and he replied 'loving you mama.' Tonight, he had to give me a big kiss, hug and tell me 'I love you mama.' Whenever we leave he wants to run to the door and watch us drive away. This is after he's given us a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and lips.
I was getting ready to go running and Will asked me if I was going running. I told him 'yes.' He said, 'it's fun when your friends go running with you.' I love that he sees me running and that it's something I do with my friends (not as often as I used to, darn cold weather and lack of sunshine!) He loves to exercise with me. Will likes to walk on the treadmill and do T25 (workout DVD's).
When Will grows up he wants to be Spiderman.
He LOVES to dance, have dance parties, show off his 'robot moves' and listen to music. Will likes to 'do the butt cheek' where he dances naked and grabs his butt cheeks (yes, too much information, I know). Will's favorite songs are: Uptown Funk You Up, Peacock by Katy Perry and Happy from the minions. He has a really good ear for music and is often asking us to 'turn it up.'
Will loves to pack his Spiderman suitcase and other bags full of stuff. He and Erin go on airplane trips (their beds are the planes) to "New Nork" (to visit Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin), to Chicago to visit Aunt Krysten and to Crystal Mountain. I think that right now there are 4 bags of stuff in Will's room he has packed. Lately, he's been into doing triathalons. Will packs up another bag with a swimming outfit, his Freewheeler Bike Shop shirt and hat, and then his running clothes. He will pack a flag too for us to wave when he runs by. The other day he handed Erin her camera and asker he to take pictures of him as he ran by. And he always reminds us that we have to cheer for him.
Food- He likes hot dogs (with ketchup and mustard to dip them in) and will ask for a bun, but he rarely eats it. He'll eat grilled cheese, pepperroni pizza, spaghetti, salami/crackers/cheese, strawberries, grapes, berries, and avacados. He loves smoothies too. For breakfast, he'll eat cinnamin sugar toast, waffle (with butter) or pancakes. We try hard to make them different food than we are having at dinner. But, that can be tricky with Will. He can be a bit picky at times.
Will has really gotten good at writing his letters and numbers. Yesterday, we were working on writing the number 6. He came write Will, William, Paul, Erin, mom and dad. He tries really hard to write other words that we spell for him. His people are becoming more detailed too. He loves to play 'mailman' where they write 'letters' for people, put them in envelopes and 'mail' them.
Erin
She still puts her arm up to her mouth and suckles her lips (they never touch her arm) when she is tired. We were in a parking lot about a month ago and I asked her to do something and she said, 'no mama, I'm 'arming.' I looked at her and sure enough she had her arm up to her mouth. I was glad we finally had a name for the action she's been doing since she was one. (She used to suck her pinkie finger until she got her first cold at one year old. Then she switched her 'arming.') We don't know how or why 'arming' has stuck around for three years, but it's her thing and it makes her feel better.
Erin has imaginary friends names Mema, Keeka (we hear about her a lot), Tula, Tila and other names that end with the 'a' sound. She mentions them often and sometimes calls them her sisters. I have no idea where these names came from, but they've been around since last summer.
While going potty, Erin randomly asked me where pirates go potty. Huh? Where does she get these thoughts?
Erin loves to cuddle and watch TV. She would sit for hours and watch TV if we let her.
Food- Erin loves to eat cinnamon toast for breakfast or a bowl of Cheerios (we only have the purple box right now and she wants the kind in the yellow box). She likes strawberries, whole apples (peeled),
Erin has been going through a whining and fake crying stage (which she doesn't share with anyone other than me and daddy- we're so lucky...not!). She is so dramatic and 'cry' about anything. She often drops down to the floor. We're working to help her understand that if she 'cries' all of the time, then we won't know when something is really wrong with her.
Popular games-
Dolls- They have their Bitty Babies (named Skinky and Boy) who were Will and Erin's preemie clothes. It's crazy to think that W and E were that small. The kids love to play with their dolls. They go for walks, shopping, but the babies spend a lot of time sleeping. Erin will often walk out of her room and tell us 'shhh (with her finger to her mouth)' because her babies are sleeping.
Airplane- They've take to packing up their suitcases, bags, strollers and just about anything else to fly places. Erin's bed is usually the plane. They load all of their stuff up and take off. The other day Will told me they were going to N-nork to visit Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin.
Making cards- Erin is into making cards. This includes addressing an envelope with stickers and writing. She knows how to use the mini- Cricket machine at my mom's house. She can stamp, embellish and cut the cards just the way she wants. There was a time that she would bring home a whole plastic bag filled with 'cards' she made for Barbie, Stinkey, daddy and me. She will want to mail them too. If Erin's lucky, then my mom will let her use a stamp and they put it in the mailbox to mail it to us.
Dollhouse- Erin loves to play with her Loving Family Dollhouse (which she calls Barbie...sorry Mattel).
Food- Erin loves to eat cinnamon toast for breakfast or a bowl of Cheerios (we only have the purple box right now and she wants the kind in the yellow box). She likes strawberries, whole apples (peeled),
Erin has been going through a whining and fake crying stage (which she doesn't share with anyone other than me and daddy- we're so lucky...not!). She is so dramatic and 'cry' about anything. She often drops down to the floor. We're working to help her understand that if she 'cries' all of the time, then we won't know when something is really wrong with her.
Popular games-
Dolls- They have their Bitty Babies (named Skinky and Boy) who were Will and Erin's preemie clothes. It's crazy to think that W and E were that small. The kids love to play with their dolls. They go for walks, shopping, but the babies spend a lot of time sleeping. Erin will often walk out of her room and tell us 'shhh (with her finger to her mouth)' because her babies are sleeping.
Airplane- They've take to packing up their suitcases, bags, strollers and just about anything else to fly places. Erin's bed is usually the plane. They load all of their stuff up and take off. The other day Will told me they were going to N-nork to visit Uncle Matt and Aunt Kristin.
Making cards- Erin is into making cards. This includes addressing an envelope with stickers and writing. She knows how to use the mini- Cricket machine at my mom's house. She can stamp, embellish and cut the cards just the way she wants. There was a time that she would bring home a whole plastic bag filled with 'cards' she made for Barbie, Stinkey, daddy and me. She will want to mail them too. If Erin's lucky, then my mom will let her use a stamp and they put it in the mailbox to mail it to us.
Dollhouse- Erin loves to play with her Loving Family Dollhouse (which she calls Barbie...sorry Mattel).



No comments:
Post a Comment