When we returned for their appointment, the kids were a little nervous (and I was too). They had each of the kids set up in their own rooms. Neither of them wanted to climb into the chair (it reminded me of our trips to get their hair cut). They couldn't sit on my lap so we had to use all of our trucks to get them into the seats. Will decided to show his bear Blueberry how to sit in the chair. Once Will was in the hygentist got to work. The other hygentist distracted Erin and got her to 'go for a ride' in her chair. Off they went and Erin was talking away to her hygentist. They both spent time getting their teeth counted (they each have 20). Will explained to his hygentist that he will loose his baby teeth and then he'll get parent teeth. Then the tooth fairy will come and give him a gold coin (I think he saw that part on Peppa Pig). While Erin was getting her teeth tickled (polished) she asked her hygentist why she kept asking questions. Erin -" It's hard to talk to you when your tickling my teeth." She's already figured out one of the challenges of the dentist. Overall, both kids had good exams. Erin has a little bit of an overbite. Dr. Mull talked to Will about trying to not suck his thumb. I just smiled politely and said we'll work on it. He did ask about Will's yellow teeth. I explained how they are stained from the TPN he was on for 3 months in the NICU. Based on the research we've done, his teeth should come in white. The kids did great and I hope that they are always so excited to go to the dentist.
We have set up this blog to help stay in contact with all of our friends and family. We hope that you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing from you.
Monday, March 9, 2015
Our First Trip to the Dentist
Last week the kids had their first dentist appointment. I had one at 11:15 and their appointment was at 1:15. After my cleaning, we went to a local pizza shop for their lunch buffet. The kids each ate two pieces of pizza and four bread sticks! While we were eating I had a lightbulb moment that I should go home and get the kids bears. That way they could show Blueberry and Strawberry how to go to the dentist. My plan worked! They all did great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment