Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Easter

Warning- There are a lot of pictures in this post. 
We spent Easter weekend with Aunt Sarah, Uncle Marc and baby Austin (who is getting so big and cuter every time we see him!). The kids had fun playing together with Austin's toys. Funny story- We passed on a bag of Will's old clothes to Austin. Will saw some of the clothes and would comment that he has the same shirt, shorts, etc at his house. He didn't know that these were his old clothes. I'm glad because otherwise, he would have wanted to take them back home with him. 
On Saturday morning, I got in a 4.5 mile run (I'm training for the Bayshore 10k in Traverse City on Memorial Day weekend).  My phone died at mile 2.5 which was a good thing because I was spending too much time worried about my pace, music, etc. I took it as a sign from above that I just need to run. And I did. And those last two miles felt awesome. 

Later that morning, we got bundled up and everyone went to the Detroit Zoo. It was 25' and sunny. Many of the animals weren't out because it was too cold out (the temp has to be over 50'- who knew). But, we still had fun seeing some animals like the peacock ( spread its feathers and sound it's mating call) and giraffes. The zoo was great and we'll have to go back when it's at least 51'. 
After the zoo, we went back to Sarah and Marc's house. The kids made gluten-free cupcakes with Aunt Sarah and grandma. Mark and I made our traditional (every time we visit Sarah) trip to the Great Lakes Crossing Mall. It was nice to spend time on a mini-date. 
Sarah and Grandma Pam made a delicious ham dinner. We followed it up by watching the Spartans loose by 20
Points to Duke in the Final Four game. It was painful to watch, yet we couldn't stop ourselves. 
The kids woke up at their normal time and we're excited when they realized it was finally Easter. The bunny pooped (the kids words) eggs all over Aunt Sarah's house. And he left them each a basket filled with some goodies. We went wrestled the kids into their Easter clothes, went to church (where they were very well behaved and made us proud- thanks grandma Melanie for teaching them how to act in church) and took a few pictures. We had brunch before everyone went their separate ways. Pam and Bill took Mark and Clark home so he kids and I could go spend the night at my dad's house. 
The bunny stopped by their house too. He left eggs (filled with fruit snacks) all over their house too. We had a fun 24 hours visiting, relaxing and spending time with my dad and Connie (who is recovering from knee surgery). When we left on Monday, Will said "I wish we could play longer at Grandpa Paul and Grandma Connie's house." 


As I finish up this ridiculously long post, I am thinking about how thankful I am for our families. We are so blessed to get along and enjoy spending time together. I always say 'it takes a village' and we are incredibly lucky to have an amazing village. 
I wasn't planning on wearing a dress. I had on pink capris and a white blouse. Erin saw me and took me that I didn't look pretty. She said that Easter is for dresses not pants. So thankfully, I had bought a new dress the day before. I changed and Erin told me that I looked better. She said that I looked pretty now. She was very sweet, cute and honestly concerned with me not wearing a dress on Easter. 
Erin was insisting that we needed some Easter decorations. We went shopping with grandma Melanie to see what we could find. We went to a few places, but we couldn't find exactly what she was looking for. We ended up going to Dollar General where Erin found exactly what she was looking for (at the price point I liked). Erin was so excited to come home and decorate the house. 
Will's garbage truck was hauling the Easter eggs that he and Erin were hiding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment