So these pictures were uploaded backwards, but you'll get the idea anyways. We went sledding yesterday with our neighbors. There is a great sledding hill at Union High School, which happens to be right by our old house. Mark and I have only been sledding once in the 14 years we've been together. He told me that that was the only time he's been sledding. I digress... The snow had finally stopped and it warmed up (to 15') so we headed out. The kids weren't sure what to think of sledding. There's a picture of Erin that says it all. She went down twice and then decided that she didn't like sledding. I wasn't surprised. She liked watching and then finally decided that she would sled on her bottom. She's all about being in control and I totally get that so I don't force her to do something she is not comfortable with. So she and I hung out while Will, Mark, Ben, Cameron, Stacie and Jack were sledding.
Going down the hill is fun, but the climb back up is a beast. The hill is steep and then you add 30lbs of dead weight and its exhausting to go up the hill. We lasted about an hour and then headed home to play outside some more. Cameron's family came over for some soup dinner and the kids always have fun playing together. It was a great afternoon with our neighbors.
This is how Erin decided she liked to sled.
Will had fun, but he didn't want his face to get covered in snow. 

After we went down the hill.

She's so excited...lol


No comments:
Post a Comment