Sunday, January 11, 2015

Running for Carrots?

Yes, you read the the title correctly. Yesterday I was making soup when I got a text from Sarah asking me if I wanted to go for a run with her in spirit (she loves 2 hours away). I said sure (why not? I didn't have to do anything besides encourage her). So I gave her a few encouraging word and got a text back from her telling me that I had to run too. Huh? I was warm, dry, warm and in the middle of making soup. But, I got dressed, put on my running shoes and was on my way to Sobie Meats to get some carrots for my next soup recipe. I can only imagine what people who drove past me thought when they saw me running in the cold and snow with a bag of carrots. Lol.  It was my first time running in the cold (15ish') and snow covered roads. It was a bit tricky, but much more fun than the treadmill.  So long story short, I ran the 2.25 miles round trip and got the carrots.  I'm thankful for Sarah who pushed me to get out and run. And it was her first run since this summer. Good for her!! It's good to have someone to hold me accountable and encourage me to run. 
And we sent pictures to each other to prove we ran. 
This is after sledding and running today.

No comments:

Post a Comment