Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 18!!

IOn the morning of their birthday, Will and Erin didn't want to go skiing. So Mark and I went and skied for an hour.  The snow was really icy, hard and fast so it was good that they didn't come with us. It was nice to spend time together carving a few turns. And reflecting on what life was like 4 short years ago. 

The kids had fun opening a few presents ( Will did ask where the rest of his presents were- I think that's a problem with having their b-day right after Christmas). 

We Face Timed with Aunt Sarah because it was her special day too (she turned 30!) 
We packed up and headed home. I wanted an afternoon at home without feeling rushed. We FaceTimed with Aunt Kristin who was traveling in Switzerland, Uncle Matt in New York, Aunt Krysten in Chicago, and grandpa Paul/grandma Connie. What did we do before technology? 

 We relaxed a bit and then went to Uuchellos for dinner (it's a local sports bar/restaurant so daddy could watch the rest of the Packers game). Will spent most of the time plugging his ears because it was a bit loud from a few people who were cheering. 
On the way home we stopped for cough medicine because Erin had a cold. I had to mention that because the kids are sick every year on or around their birthday. It's just something we plan on now. 

It was a fun and special weekend spent with some of our favorite people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment