Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Eve

This year we celebrated Christmas Eve with my mom (as we always do).  We didn't go to church until 6:00 which gave us plenty of time to just relax during the day. My sister stayed the night and played with the kids during the day. I ran a few last minute errands, got in a workout (first since beginning of December when I strained my back working out) packed for our upcoming week of travels and wrapped some final gifts. 

We made it to church on time and the kids were very well behaved. My mom always gets the first pew (just like when we were kids) and it helps Will and Erin pay attention.  The kids got a little squirmy towards the end of Mass, but then again I do too. :-). 
This is what it looks like if Will and Erin don't want to
have their picture taken.
After church, we went to my mom's house. Santa had made a stop there while we were at church. The kids were excited to see all of their presents. We ate our traditional ham dinner and then W & E got to open presents. 
It was so much fun to watch them get exited about their gifts. Erin wanted to open her presents and then move on to the next one. Will opened a present and then wanted to play with it.  The kids got Bitty Baby twins from Aunt Krysten. The twins look like them with blond hair and blue eyes. I don't know who was more exited about the new additions to our family me or the kids.  I've always wanted Bitty Babies (I guess I had my own Bitty Baby twins almost three years ago).  Grandma Melanie got Will a car ramp that he loves, an airplane he got to build, trucks and some other fun things. She got Erin a pretend cupcake kit, a Minnie Mouse boat, a Doc McStuffins kit and other great things.  
The night flew by and before we knew it the time was 10:00 and Erin said, "mama can we go home?" We got the kids home and in bed by 10:30, just in time for Santa to come to our house. We all had a fun night and before we know it Christmas Eve will be here again. 










 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment