After we left Petoskey we went to Escanaba to visit Oma. We arrived later than I had planned and only got to see her for about a half hour on Monday night. We went back to see her Tuesday morning for a longer visit. We enjoyed spending time in the courtyard of her home. There is a nice swing out there that we sat in and watched the kids play. Erin wanted to sit with us and Will wanted to push Oma's walker all over the sidewalks. He was really good at it too. Oma had a smile on her face the whole time we were there. The kids asked her to sing songs to them. She happily obliged and sang them some German children's songs. Erin picked flowers and shared them with us. I cried when we left because I wished we lived closer and could visit Oma more than twice a year. I felt bad that our visit wasn't long enough but Oma reminded me that a short visit is better than no visit. She is right and I am glad they we had that visit together.
No comments:
Post a Comment