Friday, July 19, 2013

Erin 2.5 year old Update

"That's tasty" for any food she likes to eat. 

She's starting to pretend play with her babies and stuffed animals (the pink bear named Strawberry is this weeks favorite). She feeds, kisses, rocks and puts them to bed. She is making the suckling sound when giving them a bottle or food. 

She likes to carry a purse with a play phone in it. 

I saw her trying to carry a Matchbox car under her arm today. 

She likes to put  her own sandals on (usually the wrong feet) and she proudly announces "I did it!" 

Erin is temperamental. You never know what your going to get from her.  One minute she's sweet and the next she's doing her fake whinny cry (which sounds like nails on the chalkboard to me sometimes). If she doesn't like something she will say "no like it." 

She doesn't like loud noises, going fast (ex. Riding in the Burley behind Mark's bike), campfires, fireworks, daddy's tractor or not being in control (I wonder who she gets that from - me :-/ ). 

She likes to eat salty foods (crackers, pretzels, chips, popcorn). She will eat almost anything except Macaroni and Cheese, PbJ sandwiches. 

When I asked Markj what's the first thing that comes to his mind when he thinks of Erin his answer was "cute and funny." She has a cute little round face and says the funniest things (usually repeating us).

She LOVES to swim and float in the water. Her swimmies help her do this when we are at the beach.

Erin loves to sing songs and has recently learned the words to the ABC Song, Twinkle, Twinke and Rock-a-by-Baby. She is learning Old McDonald Had a Farm. She usually starts singing and then asks "what else" for the animals on the farm. 

She loves to read and takes a book to bed with her each night. For weeks it was a 'Where's Mickey?' Search and find book.  This week it's been a farm picture book. It's cute to listen to her read to her bear at night.

She demands a lot of my attention from me. She wants to be held and doing what I'm doing. Tonight she wanted to learn how to hang a shirt on a hanger (after she saw me do it). She repeated the steps and added one "grab the handles" which was the sides of the hangers.  

Erin is learning to say "no" when I tell her to do something. This new skill allowed her to spend time (it ended up being an hour) in her room yesterday because she would not tell me that she would listen to me. This was after I went in her room every few minutes and gave her a chance to say 'I will listen'. She wouldn't even make eye contact with me. It was quiet in her room so I went outside and looked in her window and she had fallen asleep in front of her door.  After a 30 minute morning nap, she was back to her happy self. 

She loves nap time and will sleep (or lay in her bed for part of it) for 3 hours. If you ask her if she wants to take a nap she will tell you.  She sleeps for 11-12 hours at night too. 

The girl loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She remembers which tools they use to help them solve their problems.  

Erin has an AMAZING memory. She makes the most incredible connections between things we have done or seen. For example, a few weeks ago, I put a yellow outfit on her and she said "go to park, Grandma Pam". I called Mark's mom and sure enough she had put Erin in the same outfit when they went to the park a month ago. So that morning we ended up going to the park because Erinwas insisting on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment