
They are 8 months old!! Where has the time gone? I think that I ask this question for each monthly update. We haven't been to the doctor this month (because we are on the 'normal' baby schedule) so we don't have an accurate weight or height. I weighed Erin on our scale by weighing myself first, holding her and then finding the difference. Mark did the same thing with Will. Not only did we find out the babies weights, but I found out that I am 10 lbs less than I was before I had the babies! Yippee! I don't think that I will ever be able to stop pumping because I am afraid that I will gain back the weight. It feels good to fit into pants that I haven't worn in three years. (Yes, I did keep them because I knew that someday I would fit back into them.) :-)



Erin has become a busy girl. She is rolling around, playing with toys, putting the toys in her mouth, talking and making noises, sitting in her Bumbo seat and her highchair seat. She continues to be a happy girl. She smile a lot and loves to people watch. When it's time for bed, Erin will suck on her pinkie finger and fall asleep. She doesn't like to be rocked in our nice, expensive rocking chair. Instead, she would prefer that you stand and sway with her or just put her in bed so she can watch her mobile. She will be asleep within 5-10 minutes. She still doesn't cry much, but has definitely found her voice. She is starting to screech and make a lot of noise. Sometimes we think that something is wrong, but really she is just frustrated with a toy or playing. Erin is starting to notice Will and grabs at him when they are together. She loves to play on the floor. Most of her hair is on the top of her hair. It looks like she has a toupee. ;-) She is quickly outgrowing her 3 month clothes. We still haven't started bottles with her (she gets 160-165 ml of formula/frozen breast milk in her G-tube). We are going to begin working with Linda at the feeding clinic at Mary Free Bed. We had our initial evaluation and she was impressed with how well Erin was doing with putting things in her mouth. We will be at MFB for 14-17 weeks and then reevaluate our situation. Hopefully, Erin will have made enough progress that we can stop. I am not concerned with her drinking from a bottle. Instead, I would prefer that she could drink from a sippy cup and eat off of a spoon. She does 'messy play' which is when we put sweet potatoes on her highchair tray and let her put her fingers in them and eat it. We aren't doing it every day, but more when we think Erin is in the mood. We do this type of play with her so that she can eat food at her own pace. We haven't started cereal with either baby yet. Hopefully, we will get to okay at our next doctor's appointment in mid-October. We have been letting the babies sleep for 4-6 hours at night (partically because I am back to work and need some sleep). They've never woken up crying at night. Instead, we wake up to the sound of the babies sucking their fingers, thumbs or hands to let us know that they are hungry. It is a very sweet sound to wake up to.



Will is getting so much stronger. He holds up his head and is starting to roll onto his side. It won't be long before he too is rolling over. He loves to put toys into his mouth, grab at Clark's fur, smile, make faces, look around and play. He sits in his Bumbo seat and highchair seat when we are eating dinner or working in the kitchen. Will drinks 160 ml of formula/fresh breast milk every 3 hours during the day. His reflux is under control with the help of Prevacid twice a day. I am amazed at how well that stuff works. The Zantac stopped working and Will started projectile vomiting with feedings. We started him on Prevacid and within a few days he has stopped spitting up. Will can go a whole day wearing the same outfit. This is a major accomplishment for him. ;-) His scars continue to heal up and are getting smaller/shorter. I'll have to take a picture of him without a shirt on to show the difference. A lot of Will's update is listed with Erin's update. Will continues to be a happy boy. He loves to smile and watch people. He when he is REALLY tired and overstimulated he will make the saddest face and start crying the most pitiful, heartbreaking cry. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it breaks my heart. As you can see in the pictures, Will still has the most serious facial expressions. He really does smile a lot, I just don't always capture them on camera. We are so lucky to have such happy, loving and easy going babies!

No comments:
Post a Comment