Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's Been Pretty Busy Around Here

The past few weeks have been pretty busy around here. Will and Erin went to Lake Michigan for the first time.  Friends of our rent a house on the lake each summer and they invited our group of friends out for swimming and dinner one night.  Will loved the fresh air and sat in his bouncy seat giving away huge smiles.  Erin wasn't so sure  about everything and felt much happier when someone was holding her. 


 We also bought a mini-van. For the ten years that we have been married, we both said we would never own a van. Well, we've changed our tune and LOVE our new van. It is so convenient and easy to use. I can say that I feel kind of cool driving my van. ;-) I never thought those words would come out of my mouth! :-)
 Will has taken to projectile vomiting at least one feeding per day.  We've figured out that it happens when he gets congested and starts coughing a lot.  He was vomiting 3-4 times a day until the doctor started him on Zantac for reflux. It has helped a bit. We are also using Saline drops and the blue bulb syringe. When he has thrown up it doesn't seem to bother him and he is usually all smiles when he is done.  Will got Grandma Pam pretty good on Wednesday.  Sometimes he (or us) will end up needing a bath after his feeding.  One good thing, is that he gets to wear more of his cute clothes.


This picture just about says it all.  I just want to know why there aren't any pictures of me in this position? ;-)

This is normally daddy's sailing weekend. Last year his boat won the whole race (from Muskegon, MI to Port Washington, WI). Will is cheering on team Island Dream as they try to reclaim their title (minus daddy).

The first time Will and Erin took a bath together.  For some reason, I decided this would be a good thing to do when I was home alone.  They both did great and didn't even notice each other.

Erin LOVES to chew on her hands and fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment