Each of the babies are in a separate room. This is a feature of the new children's hospital. The 'old' section (which is still operating) has semi-private rooms. There are approximately 6-8 babies per room. Those rooms are loud, busy, and crowded. Most of the NICU's in the country have semi-private rooms. There has been a switch in the past few years to individual rooms. There will be a study at the hospital to see if it makes a difference to have a baby in the private or semi-private rooms. I can tell you that we are so thankful to be in this new hospital with the individual rooms.
| Here is another look at Will's room. To the left of the bed is his vent which is state of the art. To the right of the bed is his IV pole and pumps. |
| Erin's room has the same set up as Will's room except she doesn't have any IV's on her IV pole. because she fed 1 oz. of breast milk every 3 hours. YEAH!! |
Beautiful quilts!
ReplyDeleteYeah Erin, keep filling up with Mom's milk. It is nice to see an empty IV pole! You go Erin!
ReplyDeleteI love Will's little fingernails. How sweet.
I've never had a child in the NICU, but I did have to bring a friend up for a while to bring her milk to her babe when she still wasn't ready to drive (c-section). I was amazed at how many babies were in one room and I remember her telling me not to look at the other babe's because you weren't supposed too- I imagine that these private rooms are such a blessing to you! And yeah Erin for loving mommy's milk! whooo hooo!
ReplyDelete