I've been calling this shower the hodge-podge baby shower because it wasn't just one group of people (ex. my family). We were lucky enough to have a shower that included my family, Mark's family, friends of my mom's, friends of mine and family friends. Everyone who was invited had a special connection to our lives and we were proud to have shared this special day with them. I feel that each of the guests has played a part in who I am today. From Mrs. McLean, my fourth grade teacher, (and good friend of my mom's) to the Baumgartens and Jane Nelson (and Mrs. Webley-even though she couldn't make it to the actual shower) who I learned parenting tips from while I spent countless hours babysitting their children. Lori Sparks who took me to MSU when I was in high school and showed me why I should become a Spartan to the family members that I only see a few times a year. Thank you to all of you who took the time out of your busy schedules to come and celebrate Will and Erin with us. We are so blessed to have all of you in our lives.
 |
| My sister Krysten and our cousin Diana (who reads our blog every Sunday night with her family.) ;-) |
 |
| The Baumgarten girls (minus oldest sister Lindsey) I started babysitting for them when I was 15 years old. |
 |
| Nieces Sarah, Amanda and Lauren and cousin Kylie. All four girls have been making pictures for the babies and are VERY excited to meet their new cousins. |
 |
| Daddy trying to get the computer connected to the hospital website. They put a webcam on Will and Erin for 30 minutes during the shower so that everyone could meet them. Below is a picture of Erin (notice her new big girl crib.) |
  |
| My sister, me and my mom. Without them this shower never would have happened! |
 |
| The super yummy chocolate cake from grandma Connie (via Costco). The nurses loved the leftovers. |
 |
| Aunt Krysten guarding the present table. ;-) |
 |
| Carol Barrett, Lori Sparks and Patty (teacher friends of my mom's) |
 |
| Cousin Kari and proud grandma Pam |
 |
| The banquet room at the Up Town Grill. I would recommend this place for your next party (if you live in the Walled Lake area). |
 |
| Will and Erin's first piggy banks! |
 |
| The valence for the babies room. The walls are painted the yellow color in the giraffe. Do you notice our four great helpers? |
 |
| The proud mommy and daddy! |
Looks like a wonderful time and love that it was a hodgepodge of all those that you know and love and love you both and those precious babes! I liked the uptown grill when I went, but after I found out an 'interesting' parent worked there I avoided the place... hopefully I can go back now that her daughter isn't in my class anymore... :-P
ReplyDeleteHugs-
L