How is it already time for a 3 year update????!?!?! I'm sure I said the same thing about the 2 year update. Here we are and another year has flown by. We are the parents to twin 3 year olds who are getting so big and so smart! I'll do their updates by birth order.Will- Big Brother by 6 minutes, 29 lbs and 36 in.
I reread the kids 2 year updates and so much of what I wrote one year ago is true today. Will is still thoughtful, kind, sweet, caring and loving. He is very silly and has a great sense of humor. For example, we say prayers at dinner almost every night and for the sign of the cross we say " forehead, tummy, shoulder, shoulder." Sometimes Will changes it to saying other parts of his body like "forehead, tummy, nose, mouth" or " hands, legs, mouth, belly button." You get the idea. He has a contagious laugh. Will giggles and it's hard not to laugh when he is laughing. He gives hugs to everyone (even to people that he doesn't know). When our finical advisor left yesterday and Will said, "I didn't give that man a hug."
Every time Will sees a church he screams 'It's Mickey's Castle!" and he's very excited about it. I guess we don't need to plan a trip to Disney. Will loves trucks, cars and trains. During the summer, he always had a car in each hand whenever we left the house. It came in handy because he always had a toy to play with wherever we were went. He LOVES his train table, car ramp and Matchbox cars. Will also plays with Erin's doll house and their kitchen. He loves to cook hot dogs on the grill for us to eat.
Will's favorite show to watch are Little Einsteins, Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He also likes to watch the movie Cars even though I don't think I've seen him sit through the whole movie.
Will loves his blankie and always needs the 'top'. He chews on it and the corner with the tags is permently dirty because it's always in Will's mouth. Blueberry (his blue bear) sleeps with Will too. Blueberry is pretty matted because he has taken a lot of baths in the washing machine.
Will loves to play with our iPhones whether it's looking at pictures or videos. He knows how to get to the MLB (Major League Baseball) App on Mark's phone because he wants to watch the Detroit Tigers. I've recently given in to him and I downloaded a Disney Junior app on my phone so that he can watch a few shows. At least this way, I know he isn't just playing with my phone. Will thinks he's funny when he takes my phone and tries to hid it behind his back so I can't get it (I wonder where he learned that game?).
When starting to run, Will says, 'on your market, get set, go!' He's been running sideways and zig-zag a lot lately.
Will wants to help cook anything we are cooking. He likes to make his own peanut butter and honey sandwiches, waffles and cinnamon sugar toast. Today he jumped up from the couch to help make french toast for breakfast. He always wants to see what's cooking in the pan and to help stir it.
Will has a 'big boy bed'= the side is off of his crib and replaced with a guard rail. Will likes to get out of his bed at night and nap time. He tells us 'don't watch me in my camera' which is fine because his camera (our baby monitor) stopped working about 2 months ago. He even goes as far as turning his camera towards the wall so we can't see him.
Naps are hit or miss with Will. He thinks he's pretty sneaky when he gets out of bed at nap time. He'll say "I'll just play quiet in my room". Which usually lasts for 10-15 minutes and then he's out in the living room
1-29. Will woke up at 3 am and came into our room (this is very unusual for him he usually sleeps all night). He slept with us (which never happens) for an hour and then I took him back to bed. When I got him into his bed he said "I'm all done sleeping" I don't think so Buddy, it's 4:30 am. I slept on his floor for an hour and then he slept until 8:00
I've been doing T25 workout program. They are 25 minute videos that I do downstairs. The kids LOVE to exercise with me. They have to put on their exercising clothes and shoes. Will uses my yoga mat and Erin shares a mat with me. Will is very coordinated and has lasted about 7 minutes into the workout. Then he gets tired and startes to play with his toys. Erin loves the excitement of the idea of working out. But, when it comes to the workout she lasts about 2 minutes and then she's done. I have to admit, that I'm more like Erin. Her exercise shoes are her black patten leather shoes because they tap on the mat.
Erin- 27.6 lbs and 35 inches
She is very lovable and gets excited over anything. She loves to clap and say 'YEAH!' when something good happens. When she wants you to do something she'll say, 'come on, it'll be fun.'
She has an amazing memory and remembers things that we don't even remember. She makes incredible connections between different events, things, shows that blow us away. Erin can be dramatic if she doesn't like something or get her way she can throw herself of the ground at a moments notice. At first we would be concerned and now we just kind of laugh because she's very dramatic about the whole thing. I'm glad that she hasn't hit her head on a table yet. She doesn't always watch where she throws herself.
When we get together with friends, Erin always playing with the older girls. She is very independent and doesn't need to check in with me at all. On the other hand, Will doesn't usually leave our side and if he does, it isn't for long. He is close by and typically playing with his cars.
When Erin's made up her mind it's hard to change it. She knows what she wants in life. This will be a strength, but is challenging to us at times.
Erin LOVES to watch TV and will watch Doc, Sophia, Mickey, Little Einsteins or anything on TV as long as we let her. She gets mad when we turn the TV off. She will play for 30-60 minutes and then want to watch a show.
If Erin gets upset, she wants to put her jammies on and to watch Mickey. At dinner tonight, she was mad about something and said, 'I want to put my jammies on!!' (1-15-14)
Erin absolutely loves to color, paint, use safety scissors, draw, write and read books. She seems to be the happiest and most peaceful when she's doing a craft or a project or some sort.
Erin has an incredible vocabulary. We are constantly amazed about the words, phrases and things that come from Erin's mouth. While walking down the stairs to she said, "So mama, why did daddy move your bed?" (1-27-14 Mark had recently rearranged our bedroom, she asked me the same question both times we went downstairs).
Erin can get frustrated easily and then she'll bite Will, us or whomever is near her. Last night (1-11-14) she said to me, "I didn't get frustrated mama!" I was proud of her for recognizing that she didn't get frustrated and bite anyone. Instead, she has started to bite toys or something around her instead of a person.
While cleaning up Erin's My Little Ponies last night (1-11-14), I used a stern voice with her because she was going so slow and playing with each piece as she put it in the box. Erin picked up the pace and said to me, "Mama you can be happy now."
1-28-14- Erin was laying in bed reading her books loudly. She was reading her My Little Pony book. When she finished, she started yelling for me because she wanted more books.
1-29-14- I was getting changed to workout and Erin said "that's my girl" because she wanted me to workout with her.
Erin LOVES music- singing songs, dancing and singing more songs. She got a toddler radio for Christmas and loves to lay in bed at night and listen to her music. She dances by hopping on one foot and pointing her fingers. When Will dances he kind of marches and stomps. They are both cute dancers.
Erin likes to be covered up with a blanket when she is cuddling. When Erin's playing, she'll play a 'nap game' where she gets a pillow and blanket and lays down to take a rest/nap.
Erin doesn't like to have piggy tails, pony tails or barretts in her hair. She doesn't even want us to brush it. She screams and runs away from us when we try to put a brush through it.
Erin doesn't like to wear jeans and only wears dresses to church with Grandma Melanie. She prefers sweatpants, fleece tops, leggings and comfy clothes. I've tried and tried to get her to wear really cute outfits and she has no part in it. So much for having a girl to dress up. Now we have the challenge of finding cute comfy clothes for her to wear.
Neither 'baby' can say the 'v' sound. So we ride in a 'ban' and watch 'dbdbd's.'I've been doing T25 workout program. They are 25 minute videos that I do downstairs. The kids LOVE to exercise with me. They have to put on their exercising clothes and shoes. Will uses my yoga mat and Erin shares a mat with me. Will is very coordinated and has lasted about 7 minutes into the workout. Then he gets tired and startes to play with his toys. Erin loves the excitement of the idea of working out. But, when it comes to the workout she lasts about 2 minutes and then she's done. I have to admit, that I'm more like Erin. Her exercise shoes are her black patten leather shoes because they tap on the mat.
Erin- 27.6 lbs and 35 inches
She is very lovable and gets excited over anything. She loves to clap and say 'YEAH!' when something good happens. When she wants you to do something she'll say, 'come on, it'll be fun.'
She has an amazing memory and remembers things that we don't even remember. She makes incredible connections between different events, things, shows that blow us away. Erin can be dramatic if she doesn't like something or get her way she can throw herself of the ground at a moments notice. At first we would be concerned and now we just kind of laugh because she's very dramatic about the whole thing. I'm glad that she hasn't hit her head on a table yet. She doesn't always watch where she throws herself.
When we get together with friends, Erin always playing with the older girls. She is very independent and doesn't need to check in with me at all. On the other hand, Will doesn't usually leave our side and if he does, it isn't for long. He is close by and typically playing with his cars.
When Erin's made up her mind it's hard to change it. She knows what she wants in life. This will be a strength, but is challenging to us at times.
Erin LOVES to watch TV and will watch Doc, Sophia, Mickey, Little Einsteins or anything on TV as long as we let her. She gets mad when we turn the TV off. She will play for 30-60 minutes and then want to watch a show.
If Erin gets upset, she wants to put her jammies on and to watch Mickey. At dinner tonight, she was mad about something and said, 'I want to put my jammies on!!' (1-15-14)Erin absolutely loves to color, paint, use safety scissors, draw, write and read books. She seems to be the happiest and most peaceful when she's doing a craft or a project or some sort.
Erin has an incredible vocabulary. We are constantly amazed about the words, phrases and things that come from Erin's mouth. While walking down the stairs to she said, "So mama, why did daddy move your bed?" (1-27-14 Mark had recently rearranged our bedroom, she asked me the same question both times we went downstairs).
Erin can get frustrated easily and then she'll bite Will, us or whomever is near her. Last night (1-11-14) she said to me, "I didn't get frustrated mama!" I was proud of her for recognizing that she didn't get frustrated and bite anyone. Instead, she has started to bite toys or something around her instead of a person.
While cleaning up Erin's My Little Ponies last night (1-11-14), I used a stern voice with her because she was going so slow and playing with each piece as she put it in the box. Erin picked up the pace and said to me, "Mama you can be happy now."
1-28-14- Erin was laying in bed reading her books loudly. She was reading her My Little Pony book. When she finished, she started yelling for me because she wanted more books.
1-29-14- I was getting changed to workout and Erin said "that's my girl" because she wanted me to workout with her.
Erin LOVES music- singing songs, dancing and singing more songs. She got a toddler radio for Christmas and loves to lay in bed at night and listen to her music. She dances by hopping on one foot and pointing her fingers. When Will dances he kind of marches and stomps. They are both cute dancers.
Erin likes to be covered up with a blanket when she is cuddling. When Erin's playing, she'll play a 'nap game' where she gets a pillow and blanket and lays down to take a rest/nap.
Erin doesn't like to have piggy tails, pony tails or barretts in her hair. She doesn't even want us to brush it. She screams and runs away from us when we try to put a brush through it.Erin doesn't like to wear jeans and only wears dresses to church with Grandma Melanie. She prefers sweatpants, fleece tops, leggings and comfy clothes. I've tried and tried to get her to wear really cute outfits and she has no part in it. So much for having a girl to dress up. Now we have the challenge of finding cute comfy clothes for her to wear.
Sleep: Will is slowly giving up the afternoon nap. Erin still likes to nap and sleep. The kids go to bed by 8:50 pm (we start at 8:30 with brushing teeth, 1 book each and then I tuck Erin into bed and Mark puts Will to bed). They sleep until anywhere between 6:30 -8:00am.
Just yesterday (2-15), Mark made Erin's bed into a 'big girl bed' by putting a guard rail on her bed instead of the railing. They are growing up so quickly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment