Wednesday, July 18, 2012

17 Month Update

Will and Erin are SO MUCH FUN!!! They aren't babies anymore, but are offically toddlers.  They both walk (toddle) everywhere, eat big people food, follow some directions, are learning how to play with their toys and are always on the go.  They are both so happy and continue to be great sleepers.  With the daylight lasting longer, bedtime is getting pushed back. Last night they went to bed at 9:00 and woke up at 9:00 (Erin) and 10:00 (Will) this morning.  I live for nap time (which usually lasts for 2 hours), but enjoy my waking hours with the kids too. 
Erin is doing VERY well with her eating. She loves to eat strawberries, blueberry waffles, pizza, Nutri-Grain bars, Ritz crackers, pasta, yogurt, corn puffs and basically wants to try almost anything we are eating.  With blueberries, she puts them in her mouth, bites them and then spits out the peels.  Her tray ends up being filled with blueberry skins.  Erin will drink chocolate milk mixed with yogurt to thinken the milk.  She can take 5-10 sucks from the sippy cup.  She and I go to Feeding Therpy twice a week for one hour.  The therpist has taught me so good strageties to help Erin be successful.  So far, she is making great progress. I am excited to see how well she is going to be doing by the end of the week.  Erin still gets bolus fed Pedi-Sure 3-4 times per day.  It's a little tricky to know how much to feed her after she has just eaten a big meal.  This is something that I will work with her feeding therpist to figure out. 
Will has been a little sinker when it comes to eating.  He is my picky eater.  Will only likes bananas, avacados, Nutri-Grain bars, crackers and yogurt with applesauce mixed together.  I offer him what feels like everything I can think of and he politely throws it off of his tray or spits it out when he puts it in his mouth.  He will eat Stage 3 baby food without too much trouble. I have transitioned him to whole milk, but he isn't a huge fan of it.  Will prefers his sisters Pedi-Sure to whole milk.  I worry that he isn't eating enough and isn't eating a wide variety of food.  I hope that he will become a better eater by next month's update.
Erin has really begun to understand commands.  She can sign 'more', play 'Patty-Cake', follow one direction (give Will the bottle, give daddy a kiss), if someone says 'yeah' she starts to clap.  When Erin sees my van, she'll wave bye-bye.  She takes Clark's leash and trys to put it on him.  She tries to put her shoes on and LOVES to put clothes on her head (pants/shorts are a favoite).   She LOVES to be outside playing on the deck or in the front yard.








No comments:

Post a Comment