Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Visit with Oma

We left Munising on Saturday morning and headed south to Escanaba to visit my family.  My grandma (which means Oma in German) lives in an assisted living home in Escanaba.  We got there at lunch time and she hardly ate anything because she was to busy watching Will and Erin.  The kids had fun being the center of attention for everyone.  I enjoyed seeing how much joy they brought to my grandma and the other people there.  At one point, Will figured out that wheelchairs move.  He walked behind a ladies chair and started to push the wheels. The next thing we knew (I don't think she knew what was going on) he had rolled her a few feet! I was slightly embaressed and also impressed that he was strong enough to move her!  We then gave him Oma's walker to play with and that kept him busy.

 My cousin Jaime and her family arrived so we went outside so the kids could play. Oma had fun watching her great-grandchildren play while we visited. The girl cousins took to Erin and followed her everywhere. Will was left to explore the courtyard. I was able to snap a few pictures before I put my camera down and just enjoyed the time.

All of the girl cousins are together: Olivia, Hannah, Erin and Grace.










Will was added to the mix of beautiful ladies. Notice Erin's hand, she puts it in front of her face and makes small sucking motions with her mouth.  She doesn't suck her thumb, but uses this way to sooth herself. 

The girls fought over who was going to play with Erin.








The kids loved the swing and wanted to sit on it with Oma.






Erin discovered that she has a nose. We have many pictures with her finger in her nose. I hope this phase doesn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment