
Will is such a big boy!! He is always on the go and loves to play with trucks and cars. He loves to push and pull toys around too. He will find something to play with (small toy, block, water bottle) push it and then crawl after it. When he catches up to the toy, he will push it again and then chase after it. I've never seen Erin play this game. It has to be a 'boy thing.' Will can play independently for about 30 minutes. Yesterday, he woke up from his nap before Erin and he just played by himself. He pushed around his cars and new truck. He filled the shopping cart and pushed it around. He read some books and played with some toys. I was shocked at how independent he was and that he was able to keep himself occupied for so long. When Erin is awake they interact all of the time so I don't see this side of him very often.
Will loves to dance! He has a few toys that play music and he pushed the button and starts bouncing up and down. He will hear music anywhere and start dancing. It is very cute to see his little arms move and his legs bounce up and down.
Will is still a very happy boy and has become quiet silly. His new nickname is 'Silly Willy.' Will has a 'shy guy' face that he gives to strangers. He will put his head on his shoulder and look up with these shy eyes. Then he'll crack a smile and play coy. It is so cute and I can't help but laugh when he does this.
Will has started to babble all of the time. We were at the mall this morning and he 'talked' the whole time we were shopping. When he wants something he will reach for it and say 'thank you' (which sounds more like 'tank tou.' The other morning he handed me his blankie and said 'blankie' as he handed it to me.
I am constantly surprised at how much Will can understand. He is able to follow one step directions. It is fun to ask him to do things and he will actually do it. For example, he will hand us things, play with specific toys or do something. When you tell Will to give a kiss he will lean his head towards you and want you to kiss him. It is very rare for him to actually kiss you. He does blow kisses and wave bye-bye.
Will loves to chew on everything! He has all of his teeth so I know it isn't because he is teething. I think it's just how he takes in his environment. You can see that he is holding bubble wands in the pictures. That is because they just wanted to bubble wands and not the bubbles. I ended up buying a 25 packs of just bubble wands for the kids to play with.
Will continues to be a VERY PICKY EATER! This is really frustrating for me because I want him to eat more food. He likes applesauce, chicken nuggets, pieces of avocados, crackers of any kind, yogurt, whole milk, bananas (not cut up buy in the peel so he can hold it), Nutri-Grain Bars, dry cereal, cheese (which is one of his favorite words to say), chips, blueberries, chocolate pudding (as you can see in the pictures), strawberries and Stage 2 baby food vegetables (this is the only way I can get veggies in him). I am ready for the day when I can put anything on his tray and he will eat it.
I should add that Will loves to read books, play 'Patty-Cake', points to his nose, will moo like a cow, loves to be in the water and play outside!
No comments:
Post a Comment