On Saturday morning, Mark and I got up early and went downtown to run the Riverbank Run. I ran the 10k (6.2 miles) and he ran the 25k (15.5 miles). There were almost 18,000 people who participated in events that day. I think there were 7,000 in the 10k race. I ran the race in1:04 which is 10:27 minute miles. I did the race in 2008 and ran it in 1:24 and 11:57 minute miles. I only decided on Monday night to see if I could run 5 miles (I hadn't done it since 2008). I woke up early and ran at 6 am. It was beautiful out and I accomplished my goal by 7 am. I'm glad that I've been doing other things to stay strong so I was able to go and randomly run 5 miles.
Mark has been training for the half Ironman he'll be doing in less than a month. He had a good run, but he said that the hills were really challenging. He finished in 2:16:31 with 8:44 min miles. We were able to meet up with other friends who were running both the 10k and the 25k races. It was a fun and inspiring morning.
Post race picture- yes, Mark had a bloody nipple from chaffing.
When we got home everyone was here and we were ready for a fun afternoon of hanging out. The weather was 70' and sunny. We spent time enjoying the sun on the deck and the driveway. The kids played while we enjoyed adult beverages and time together. We ate chicken, salads and garlic bread for dinner. Will fell asleep at 6:30 and slept all night. That's a sign of a good day.
Erin was playing with Austin and she hit him on the head. Mark put her in a timeout in her bed for it. She called me into her room and when I asked her what she wanted she said "mama, Will did it." And I asked her what he did and she told me "hit baby Austin." I told her that we saw her do it and she shouldn't lie to us. Where does she learn this stuff?
On Mother's Day morning, we had to say good bye to Aunt Sarah, Uncle Marc and baby Austin because they had to head home to spend time with his mom. The rest of us went to church and then came home for lunch. After we had full bellies, everyone hit the road and we crashed on the couch for the rest of the afternoon.
We are so lucky to have such amazing and supportive people in our lives. It was a great weekend!




















No comments:
Post a Comment