| Mamma got a spray tan! |
On February 11, Mark's little sister, Sarah, got married on Ft. Myers Beach (which is where she lives and teaches). We were able to travel to the wedding, kid-free, because of my dad and Connie. They watched the kids for us so that we could have a nice, long weekend. 
Everyone had a great weekend together. Grandpa and Grandma survived the four-day weekend with the kids. Will and Erin had fun creating memories with their grandparents. Erin loved getting rocked to sleep by grandpa and I know that he loved it too! When we picked up the kids, they looked at us like, 'we should know you, but we aren't sure how.' It took a few minutes for it to click and they remember that we were their parents. :-)
We had a fantastic time in Florida! It was fun to have so many family members and family friends together in one place. Sarah and Marc had 75ish people attend their wedding and only 4 of them lived in Florida. Sarah and Marc are lucky to have so many people who love and support them! The wedding was right on the beach and the reception was at a fun, beachside bar called Nemo's. They rented the bar out and we had a blast dancing the night away. We ate some of the best prime-rib and Bang Bang Shrimp ever served. The drinks were great too! Mark and I stayed an extra day so that we could enjoy the beautiful Florida weather. Unfortunately, they had a cold spell that weekend and when we woke up Sunday morning the temperature was 35'. YIKES!! I was glad that I threw in jeans and a fleece jacket at the last minute. Instead of spending the day on the beach, we went outlet shopping and then drove to Sanibel Island and ate at Doc Ford's. The fish sandwich was to die for!! We ended the night with a seafood dinner with Mark's cousins who were still in town.
I am proud to say that I was able to pump and bring all of the milk home with me. It wasn't until I few days before we left that I learned that I would be able to bring the milk home with me. I thought that I would have to dump it. The TSA agent put the bottles into a special machine to make sure it wasn't some sort of toxic liquid. My pump and cooler didn't count as a carry-on either.
Congratulations to Sarah and Marc! Thank you for having a destination wedding and allowing us to create so many amazing memories!
they did have outfits that coordinated with the wedding party.



No comments:
Post a Comment