Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday (Part 2)!

Erin and Will celebrated their 1st birthday at home with us and Grandma Melanie. I was in the process of planning a big, fun monkey themed birthday party and then the kids got sick (you can see in the pictures that Erin wasn't feeling well yet). I just didn't want to expose them to unnecessary germs so I decided to cancel the party. Bummer, but they didn't know the difference. We kept things low-key and the kids were in bed by 8:00.  Mark and I each picked out special presents for them.

Mark got Will a MG-TD die cast car (just like the real car grandpa Bill used to have and grandma Melanie used to have a yellow one too) and each baby a Detroit Tiger's baseball hats. I got Erin her first Barbie doll and Will a ride on car and a duck toy that spins.
They loved the wrapping paper and kind of played with the toys.

 
Mark got each baby their own cake from Arnie's Bakery. I was torn over the idea of if I should make them their own birthday cake, do cupcakes or buy a cake. I am glad that Mark made the decision for me and came home from work with a Carrot Cake for Will and Red Velvet for Erin.

 Erin had fun grabbing at the cake. She didn't mind the texture on her hands and even liked the taste. Kind of funny since she is our baby who was in feeding therapy.
Will wanted nothing to do with the cake. Mark put Will's had in the cake and he grabbed a handful of frosting and just held on to it. He didn't go back for more, he didn't put it to his mouth. We put a little bit of frosting in Will's mouth and he made his 'get this out of my mouth' face. The same face he makes with any food that has texture to it. I hope that he'll get over this and not end up in feeding therapy too.
WWe were a little excited to get the party started and forgot to sing Happy Birthday before the babies dug into their cakes.





The finished products of our special day: two partially eaten cakes and two clean babies!




Happy Birthday Will and Erin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment