 |
| . |
We don't get any trick or treaters, so each year we spend Halloween with our friends the Gravelyn's. Mark and I have been going to their house for 9 years now. It is a lot of fun to hang out with their girls and pass out candy to all of the kids (they live in one of the neighborhoods for my school so I see a lot of familiar faces). Over the past few years, their neighbors have started getting together to pass out candy. Everyone brings a dish to share, their candy to pass out and they meet in someones driveway. This helps the trick or treaters so they don't have to walk down the long street. It's fun for all of us because we get to have an informal Halloween party. Mark took the kids out with the trick or treaters and I stayed back to pass out the candy (I actually pass out Play-Doh from Costco. They are a huge hit, especially with the older kids). We didn't feel it was right to take the kids house to house this year. There's nothing more tacky than parents using their babies to get free candy. Well, maybe the adults (with no costumes or kids) that we saw trick or treating would be more tacky. We all had fun and can't wait to actually take the kids trick or treating next year!
The monkey and banana loved going for a walk and looking at all of the kids. Will was practicing his trick or treat skills for next year.
We stopped by my mom's house on our way home. She just moved to Grand Rapids (about 3 miles from us) so that she could be closer to Will and Erin (and us too!)
Mark made my Halloween costume last year. He work on it in the garage and wouldn't let me go out and see what he was creating. I got very concerned when I noticed two hot dog buns and the knobs from our stove were missing! I am so lucky to have such a creative husband! If you look close, you will notice that I was an oven. When you open the door, there were two buns in the oven! Ha Ha! Get it?!? :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment