Friday, November 30, 2012

Visiting Santa

Grandma Pam wanted to take the kids to see Santa while we were in Milwaukee.  We went shopping and found the perfect outfits.  Came home, dressed the kids and headed to the mall.  Mark came with us to help out.  We knew that the Santa pictures were over priced so Mark brought our camera with us.  
While we were waiting in line I suggested to Mark that he go to the second floor and take pictures from the balcony.  He obliged and headed up the elevator.  As Grandma Pam and I approached Santa, the kids started getting a panic look on their faces.  Erin started shaking her head no and held on to me very tight.  We had to sit down next to Santa with the kids on our lap.  As we were getting our pictures taken, I looked up and saw the mall security guards talking to Mark.  I immediately begin to 

panic.  We finished up and as we headed to pick out our pictures I over hear a lady say to her friend, 'Can you believe that there is a guy taking pictures of children sitting on Santa's lap?'  At the same time I watch Santa's elf walk over to Santa, whisper something in his ear and then point up to where Mark was sitting.  At that moment, I just wanted the floor to open and swallow me up. I quickly told Pam to pick out the pictures and I would meet her somewhere. I started calling Mark's phone and he wasn't picking up.  Needless to say, I was in full panic mode right now.  I spotted him and just kept walking towards the door. I didn't want Santa or the mall cops to see us.  We got to the door and then turned around to wait for Pam.  We didn't see the mall cops so we headed towards Santa while staying out of his site.  I went over to get Pam and when I returned Mark told me that the Sheriff had just walked past him (like 6 inches away) and there were about six mall cops all 

around the Santa display.  We finished up and nearly ran to the door. I was laughing nervously and hopping that Mark wouldn't get arrested for trying to save $27.00.  We made it to our car and will never return to the Mayfair Mall to see Santa again. We've had many laughs about Will and Erin' first trip to see Santa. I have a feeling that Mark will forever be on Santa's Naughty List.

No comments:

Post a Comment