Thursday, June 21, 2012

Movin' On Up

I bet you thought I forgot about this blog! But, no need to worry because I'm baaacckkkk...
The boxes are moved, our stuff is unpacked and we have pictures hanging on the walls.  We have moved into our new house and LOVE IT!! We have so much space and room to play.  Our neighborhood has sidewalks, kids playing outside and friendly neighbors (we had friendly neighbors at our old house too).  We LOVE the big yard to play in. I love that the landscaping is complete and I don't need to spend my weekends working in the yard (or feeling guilty for not spending my weekend working in the yard.)  Mark has inherited a riding lawnmower from my grandparents and he is more than happy to mow the lawn.  We have a deck that has become a big playpen for the kids. They have a water table out there and love it! Clark loves to sit out on the deck and watch the birds.  Our house faces west which means our living room, kitchen and eating area are filled with the morning sun.
We are located 0.8 miles (I clocked it) from my school.  When Will and Erin are ready for kindergarten, they will come to school with me.  There are four other teachers at our school who have their children there and it has worked out fine.  We loved the idea and thought it was such a unique opportunity for the kids and me.  Our new neighborhood is filled with my former students. I was a bit hesitant at first about not separating work from personal life, but it hasn't been a problem.  The families are awesome and so nice.  We love our new life and are so happy everything has worked out. 

Some of these are the pictures from the real estate listing. I tried to take pictures, but they didn't turn out great. That's okay because these pictures will remind us of how the house looked before we bought it.

 Our very small kitchen that I don't really like and hope to change some day soon.


Our master bedroom with a walk in closet and our own bathroom!

 The kids outdoor playpen.

Will and Erin love to look out the front door and watch the cars, people and world go by.
 



 



This was our first backyard party.  It was 95' outside, but everyone had fun. It was so nice to have  backyard big enough to hold all of our friends.

 The basement is what sold the house for us.  It has two bedrooms, an office a full bathroom and a big storage room. We'll use one bedroom as a guest room and the other one as a playroom for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment