Friday, July 22, 2011

Half a Year Old

 I can't believe that W & E are already 6 months old!! The time is flying by (just as everyone has told us it would).  In the hospital I took weekly pictures of their growth. Now I am taking monthly pictures. I did include a picture of each baby when they were two weeks old. It's amazing to see how much they have grown over such a short period of time.

What are we up to?

Erin- Is hold her head up during tummy time. She loves to smile and is starting to make a few noises. It seems like she will laugh out loud any day now.  She is drinking more from a bottle (approx. 50 ml out of the 125-130ml she gets every 3 hours. The rest is fed by her feeding tube.) She notices herself in the mirror. Erin discovered her mobile the other night and loves to watch the animals go around and around. Erin loves to stand up when we hold her. She LOVES her daddy and looks at him with the most adoring eyes.

Will- He loves to study people's faces (he used to do this in the hospital too). He will watch people walk around.  He is very curious about everything. Will smiles a lot and makes more noises than Erin.  During tummy time, he lays on the floor and sucks his thumb. He hasn't yet figured out how to hold his head up. He is a great eater and eats 125-130 ml every 2-3 hours (except right now- he's been sleeping for 5 hours and momma wants to get these blogs done so she isn't waking him to eat ;-) He loves his thumb and chewing on his hands (even when he isn't hungry).

Feeding Time- Both babies get a 50/50 mix (50% formula and 50% breast milk- which I am still pumping).  They are picky eaters and won't drink any milk that has been frozen and then thawed again. I'll do another blog entry soon about my picky eaters.



This picture was taken June 2, the day Erin was discharged from the  hospital. I put the same outfit on the kids for their 6 month picture so we could see how much they have grown.

5 month picture




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! How time fly's. They are getting so big. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete